Reseting The Tundra’s Oil Change Reminder Light
Do you do your own oil changes? If so, you might be wondering how to reset the oil change reminder light. The instructions below tell you how to reset your oil change light, aka “maintenance light” on your 2007 or newer Toyota Tundra.
You might want to read through this once before you do it…or watch the video.
1. Turn on the ignition (do not start the truck) and make sure that the odometer is set to “TRIP A.”
2. Turn off the ignition to the point where you could remove the key if you wanted to.
3. Push and hold the trip odometer reset knob using your left hand.
4. Using your right hand, turn the ignition switch on (do not start the truck).
5. Hold down the trip odometer reset knob for at least 5 seconds until the “TRIP A” odometer reading counts down to “000000″ and holds that reading for 1 second.
6. If you’ve done it right, the maintenance light will turn off.
7. You can let go of the trip odometer reset knob now.
Filed Under: Maintenance Tips