Toyota – Free Maintenance For Two Years or 25k Miles
Toyota just announced that they will be offering free maintenance on all Toyota and Scion models for either two years or 25k miles, whichever comes first. This free two year 25k mile maintenance plan will include:
- As many as 5 oil changes or as few as 2 oil changes (depending on model)
- 5 tire rotations
- 24 hour roadside assistance
- Various chassis inspections and minor maintenance items
Why is Toyota offering free maintenance? Because…
- It’s a relatively inexpensive incentive. The hard cost of giving every new vehicle customer five oil changes, five tire rotations, roadside assistance, etc. is fairly low. Somewhere near $400-$500 per customer (maybe less).
- Dealers love it. Toyota dealers sometimes struggle to build a service relationship with their new vehicle customers. By offering new Toyota buyers free maintenance at their local dealership, new Toyota buyers aren’t going to visit their local Jiffy Lube® or Midas® for service (at least not for the first 2 years of ownership).
- It helps differentiate Toyota. As of right now, this is something that makes Toyota different than other non-premium automakers. While BMW has been offering free maintenance for years, Toyota is the first “full line” manufacturer to offer this.
The million dollar question: Will other manufacturer’s match Toyota’s plan? Only if it seems like consumers are responding.
Filed Under: Auto News